FINRA TRACE Trade Reporting with Excel
Helium for FINRA TRACE provides Excel access to the FINRA Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine (TRACE). The Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine is the FINRA developed vehicle that facilitates the mandatory reporting of over-the-counter secondary market transactions in eligible fixed income securities.
All broker/dealers who are FINRA member firms have an obligation to report transactions in corporate bonds to TRACE under an SEC approved set of rules. Current TRACE reporting time is 15 minutes for Corporate Bonds and Agency Debt, and same-day for Treasury Securities.
Helium for FINRA TRACE reporting makes it as easy as filling out a spreadsheet. All the FIX connectivity to NASDAQ/FINRA is handled behind the scenes. Specifications adhere to the official FINRA FIX standards for Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine system (TRACE) Trade Reporting for OTC Corporate Bonds, Agency Debt, and Treasury Securities.
- No programming required. Simple as using a spreadsheet.
- Trade reporting via CUSIP or symbol
- Principal or agency
- Primary (P1) or Secondary (S1) market reporting
- Price Type option (D-Decimal, Y-Yield, N-Negative Yield) and When Issued parameters
- Specify counter-party MPIDs via Excel look-up tables
- Extensive data verification catches errors before they’re submitted
- FINRA rejections are reported and detailed
- Batch dozens of reports simultaneously, for multi-client allocations